Nanny Dream

nanny services


Health And Social Care

A new beginning in adult social care- from children social care Up to 18 years old, services for children and young adults who suffer from long-term health issues are offered by health and social care.  After 18 They are usually offered to adult social care providers.  Between 16 and 18years old, the child will begin an “transition” to adult services.  This should include all services that provide support for areas such as:  The planning process the transition  of adult social care must start when your child is in Year 9 of high school (13 or fourteen years old) at the earliest.  It should become an ongoing process , rather than a singular event and adapted to the needs of your child.  Transition assessments  If a child or young carer is approaching the age of 18, they could request their local authority to conduct an assessment of their needs.  The parent or the caregiver might also request an evaluation as the child they are caring for turns 18 since the child’s circumstances could be drastically changing and the caregiver’s needs could also change.  A local government is in an obligation to perform this type of assessment.  The evaluation should offer guidance and details on the best way to satisfy or limit the needs of the individual as well as how they can keep them healthy and to prevent or delay the need to develop.  Transition assessments can be part of an individual’s health, education and treatment program.  It can assist you or the child you love to think in advance or support to health and social care. There is no age limit at which you need to assess. The ideal time to plan your transition to adult services is dependent on the individual.  What if I can’t get an assessment?  If the local authority refuses an application to conduct assessments, the authority has to write down the reasons the reasons for its choice.  A local government should continue to offer information and guidance on what you or someone you love to delay or prevent the growth of support and care requirements.  What happens to my child’s current services for care and support while they’re being evaluated?  A child or young caregiver who is receiving support for children will continue to receive these services during the evaluation procedure until adult social care and support is in place to take over, or until it becomes clear following the assessment that adult care and support don’t need to be provided. Meeting a new team  The transition of child services into adult health can mean your child could begin seeing a different health team in your local hospital or in the health as well as social services or health and social care serivce.  It could be a frightening experience for children because the teams they’re familiar with and who they have worked with. are familiar with the possibility of changing. It’s essential that all those involved are aware of the procedure, and feel at ease and ready to make the transition as smooth as it can be.  There must be a thorough discussion between teams prior to when the exchange takes place.  Your child should not be remove from children’s health services until they have change to adult medical care. The transition to an entirely different mental health group. The transition to a new mental health team     It is important that your Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) team must be working closely with you in order to assist you in the transition. You could, for instance, hold a joint session with your current team as well as those who are implementing the adult mental health service.  For more details, refer to our guide to young and children’s mental health care or tips for young people as well as their parents by Young Minds.  Transitional planning and education: advice for parents  When they reach the age of 16 and beyond, children tend to become more independent and will likely want to have more control over the assistance they receive to help with their specific learning disabilities and needs (SEND).  Colleges or your local authority, as well as others that offer services to teenagers who are past mandatory school age are expected to talk directly with the child.  Talk with your child or daughter and decide how you can participate, and the amount of support they’ll need as they grow more mature.  After you have reached an agreement on arrangements that are beneficial to you the child or teenager must inform their college.  If a college isn’t able to accommodate the needs of a child as they require help from a specialist They (with the help of their parents) must consider whether they’ll require or require an Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment, which could result in the development of an EHC program.  EHCs give families their own budgets, allowing them to have greater control over the kind of care they receive.  If you believe your child or your son requires an assessment, it is best to talk about it with your college. The college can make a request in the form of an EHC plan until an individual reaches 25.  Benefits for children and their families   The benefits of adult social care for the young person and their family  As a parent you may be eligible to claim benefits if you take care of children with complex requirements until they reach an age limit of.  Parents are best to give Health and social care to thier childs. Beginning in September following your child’s 16th birthday you’ll only be eligible to claim payments as a dependent only when they’re in full-time school or are enrolled in a recognized training program.  When your child turns 16 years old, they might be eligible to claim some benefits in their own rights.  This can impact the income of your household, since certain benefits may be reduced when your child is no longer regarded as dependent.  For more information about the

Moving from children social care to adult social care  Read More »